- 8 Essential Bacon Hacks
- Police: Pa. newlyweds shoplifted $1,000 in food from supermarket for wedding reception - The Washington Post
- Jim Cramer's Favorite Food Stocks - Seeking Alpha
- 10 Ways to Dress Up and Improve a Frozen Pizza » Man Made DIY | Crafts for Men « Keywords: pizza, top-ten, recipe, kitchen
- 8 things you probably shouldn't eat at a chain restaurant - latimes.com
- Doctors group says hot dogs as dangerous as cigarettes - USATODAY.com
- Olive Oil Granola with Dried Persimmon and Pistachios | Healthy Green Kitchen
- Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter & Oat Snack Bars
- Seafood Seasons Availability Chart, U.S
- Tipping Etiquette Around the World [infographic]
- How to Store Food Properly in the Freezer and Fridge
- How to eat when you're really broke - MSN Money
- The 5 Most Disgusting Chain Restaurant Drinks from Zagat
- 18 Tasty Basmati Rice Recipes To Try : TipNut.com
- Shiitake and Arugula Ravioli Recipe - [No Recipes]
- The Big Mac index: An indigestible problem, why China needs more expensive burgers
- Wilde in the Kitchen: Childhood favorites - taffy?
- Simply Life: Stuffing in February?
- At Last! The Elusive Mc10:35!!! (shameless self-promotion)
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cereal Bar Recipe
- The Babbage diet: Six diet tips from our Science pages | The Economist
10. Moule et Chorizo - Dave Koch
Ahh the marvelous bounty of the sea. There is nothing in food that mimics so closely a dip in the ocean as a big bowl of mussels. When you serve these fancy Green Lipped Mussels from New Zealand with Chorizo, you'll make a Surf & Turf that would make Forrest Gump himself hang up his Shrimp Boat Captains hat for good and go scraping bivalves off the docks. More...
9. Mexican Pizza - Amy Koch
Back in the 80's my mom used to love the Mexican Pizza from Pizza Hut. Unfortunately, it didn't last as a permanent fixture on the Pizza Hut menu so I decided to recreate it for her. You could use store bought pizza dough or make your own favorite dough recipe. I actually made this pizza dough in our bread machine, you just put the ingredients in and let the machine do all the work.... brilliant! More...
8. Chicken Chilaquiles - Amy Koch
I was watching Daisy Cooks! on PBS the other day and my mouth began to water as Daisy Martinez made her Chicken Chilaquiles. Daisy was so excited that she was dancing around and singing "Chilaquiles, chilaquiles"! Her enthusiasm inspired me. More...
6. Doogh - Yogurt Soda - Dave Koch
I recently went to a cool Persian joint for some kabob and came across a bottle of Abali Yogurt Soda. I thought to myself, "I like yogurt, and I like soda. How bad could it be?" The bottle showed some separation with a thick white layer towards the bottom. I asked if it is supposed to be shaken first. The purveyor said yes, shake it first then give it a few minutes so that it doesn't explode on you. More...
5. Easy Beef Stroganoff - Dave Koch
I love this recipe. If all Russian cuisine were this good, there'd be a borsch stand on every corner in New York City. There are many variations of Beef Stroganoff but essentially it consists of strips or cubes of beef in a brown sauce, served over noodles or white rice. More...
4. Spiced Rum Banana Bread: So Hot Right Now - Dave and Amy Koch
Everywhere I look it's Banana Bread, Banana Bread, Banana Bread. I did a check on Google Blog Search for "banana bread recipe" for the past 30 days and it turned up 34,982 results. During the same 30 day time period, for comparison, "apple pie recipe" turned up only 15,920 and "lasagne recipe" just 11,730. More...
3. Potica: Slovenian Nut Bread - Amy Koch
My Slovenian grandmother was the queen of Potiza (pronounced Po-teet-sah). Having made it hundreds of times, she had perfected her recipe and would make a batch at every holiday and family visit. My dad was probably the biggest fan of her swirled nut bread. While staying at my parents for a few months and being a trained chef, I knew I would have to earn my room and board by trying to re-create grandma's famous recipe. More...
2. Chili Shrimp Tacos with Mojito Cole Slaw - Dave Koch
Gastronorgásmico, [and just in time] for Cinco de Mayo. These just might be "my most perfect tacos," ever. The heat of the chili powder in the shrimp is cooled by the mint and sweet jicama in the cole slaw. The earthiness of the cabbage, the taste of the sea. Que rico! More...
1. Deviled Easter Bunny Eggs - Amy Koch
We made our Deviled Easter Bunny Eggs in a few different variations: a Pesto version and a Roasted Piquillo Pepper version added green and red next to the yellow of the Classic Deviled Eggs. The three different colors really stand out on the platter. More...
- Budweiser, Balsamic Vinegar, and How Expectations Affect Our Views
- What Alcohol Actually Does to Your Brain and Body
- Gregory Dal Piaz: The 12 Types of Wine Lovers: Which One are You?
- How to Hack Your Slow Cooker - CHOW Tip - Top Stories - CHOW
- Fishing for Seafood Alternatives
- Welcome to World Spice Merchants
- Fall Into Salads: Butternut Squash, Pomegranate, and Walnuts
- How to Thaw a Turkey - A Video by Butterball
- There Is No Escape From Cows
- Inexpensive Nonstick Skillets - Cooks Illustrated
- Brew the Best Possible Coffee Without Breaking the Bank
- Best Fall Seasonal Beer? | thefullpint.com
- The Best Cooking and Recipe Apps for iPhone
- how2heroes › Videos › Workstation Prep & Cleanup
- FoodBuzz Challenge #4- Picturing Spring Rolls | Sippity Sup
- Corn smut (huitlacoche) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Taste Wine - Wired How-To Wiki
- FoodBuzz Challenge #4- Picturing Spring Rolls | Sippity Sup
- The 2010 CHOW's 13 Most Influential People
- ONEHOPE Wine | Wine that Gives Back, 50% of Profits Donated to Charity
- Making the Perfect Espresso Near the Iraq Border | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
- A Useful Re-use of Plastic Bottle Caps | Apartment Therapy Re-Nest
- Barista Exchange - the world's premiere online community for the specialty coffee industry
- Raw Spaghetti With “Meatballs” Recipe | Incredible Raw
- Fair Trade: 5 Things You Should Know | MintLife Blog | Personal Finance News & Advice
- Eating Bugs - TIME
- Vanilla Ice Cream Taste Test - Slashfood
- NOAA, FDA to test seafood for dispersants - U.S. news - Environment - msnbc.com
- A Fast Way to Bake Cookies: Use a Waffle IronFine Cooking | Apartment Therapy The Kitchn
- How to choose the right olive oil | The Gourmet Foodie Blog
Welcome to August everyone. Lately, I've been reading more DIY stuff and less policy/politics but nevertheless, that's where I always end up. I'm less the Chef than the Anthropologist so if you came here for a recipe, Chef Amy has been a little busy working full time as a human dairy.