This got whipped up the other night after a long, stressful week. Neither of us wanted to cook anything so we picked up some rolls and a pre-roasted whole chicken from the supermarket. I went straight for the Dutch Crunch - she got the Ciabatta.
It got put together in a jiffy; it's healthy, scrumptious, and satisfying. This is all we had for dinner and we were both satiated. The grapes add a coolness, a novel texture, and some acidity. The tiniest touch of curry powder is barley noticeable but brings a depth that would be lacking without it.
Chicken Salad with Grapes - Recipe by Amy Koch
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (or pull them off a pre-roasted bird)
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped fine
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 cup of red grapes, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons chopped flat-leafed parsley
- 1/2 cup sour cream, we used low-fat
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, we used low-fat
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
Bring the filling together in one bowl. Combine the ingredients for the dressing in another. Fold the dressing into the dry filling. Lightly toast some rolls, like Ciabatta or Dutch Crunch, add some mixed greens. Enjoy.